I’m on a mission to find more Summer Slow Cooker Recipes. This Slow Cooker Frittata is perfect as it can be eaten warm or cold. A Frittata is an Italian dish made with beaten eggs, which is very similar to a Spanish Omelette or a crustless quiche.
I originally got the recipe from Skinny Ms, but have ever so slightly modified it. You could use just about any combination of vegetables that you have in your crisper. I’m thinking of having broccoli and cheese next time or maybe ham.
What other Slow Cooker Summer recipes should I try?
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 TBSP milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 40g baby spinach chopped with stems removed
- 1 tomato diced
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes until they soften. Spray the inside of the slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Set aside a handful of the mozzarella cheese. Place all of the ingredients including the onion and garlic in a bowl and mix well, then transfer to the slow cooker, sprinkle the left over cheese on top. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- To check it’s ready, insert a knife in the middle and it should come out clean.
- Serve with a tossed salad.
Do subscribe via email in the sidebar and receive a free copy of my e-book ‘There’s more to Slow Cooking than Stews’.